Asphalt Shingle Roof Systems
Asphalt shingles are the most commonly used type of shingle across North America. Today’s asphalt shingles are reinforced with a fiberglass mat or an organic material such as paper or wood fiber, and can range in life expectancy from 10 to 20 years for a typical shingle.
Great improvements to the asphalt shingle have been made, resulting in a more durable product know as laminated shingles. Laminate shingles are also known as “dimensional” or “architectural” shingles.
Laminate shingles are also made of asphalt but differ from the “three tab” shingle in design. They were designed to add character, color and depth to the roof aesthetics. They are made of multiple staggered layers of material, with a range of durability, typically 15 to 50 years. Laminate shingles are thicker and heavier than “three tab” shingles, thus are more resistant to wind. From a distance, some of the high grade (high quality) laminated shingles have the look of an expensive slate or shake material, by incorporating angled or rounded tabs, shadow lines and variant color patterns.
Asphalt shingles come in a variety of colors and styles. Individual shingles may be replaced if damaged. An additional advantage of asphalt shingles is that in certain circumstances, they can be installed over an existing roof of asphalt shingles, eliminating the need to remove the old roof.
Rooftop Solutions has expertly trained Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach County roofers, and crew members with years of experience, installing asphalt shingle roofing systems. They are happy to meet with you and discuss the merits of an asphalt shingle roof and whether it is the right system for your home.
GAF offers three distinct levels of shingle quality and protection, plus a remarkably affordable slate shingle option. We’ll help you select the one that is right for your home’s design and location.
Timberline® Lifetime Shingles Protect and beautify your home with Timberline®, North America’s #1-selling shingles. Timberline® shingles now have a lifetime limited warranty!
We’re 100% Committed to the Protection of Your Most Valuable Asset
When you install a GAF Advanced Protection™ Shingle, you’re getting the very best combination of weight and performance that modern manufacturing technology can deliver. In fact, no one makes a better asphalt shingle for:
Wind Uplift Resistance
But more than that, GAF’s history of innovation has supported continuous warranty upgrades that exceed competitors’ coverage. That’s why GAF has confidently increased the warranty on all of their laminated shingles to lifetime.* GAF is the first in the roofing industry to offer this unprecedented level of warranty protection. Why settle for anything less?
GAF is the first manufacturer that can say that all of its shingles pass these two critical wind resistance tests. Since wind from hurricanes and tornadoes cause more than $6 billion each year in property damage, you need all the protection you can get.
* The word “lifetime” means as long as the original individual owner of a single family detached residence (or the second owner in certain circumstances) owns the property where the shingles are installed. See Refer to Limited Warranty for complete coverage and restrictions.
Some people think asphalt shingles are just low-tech. But now, GAF has turned the art of making roofing shingles into a science, with its Advanced Protection™ shingles. Utilizing some of the most advanced design, manufacturing, and testing techniques available in any industry (including computer simulation technology originally developed for the Space Shuttle), the result is today’s most advanced roofing technology—now available to consumers to protect their home.
- Eliminate the unnecessary waste of natural resources, because they use less asphalt and natural limestone.
- Reduce transportation waste, because they are weight-optimized to use less fuel to transport, while reducing wear-and-tear on transportation equipment.
- Result in less landfill waste, when your shingles are eventually replaced.
- Can be recycled to benefit the environment. Used asphalt shingles have traditionally not been recycled—they’ve just been thrown into landfills. That’s why GAF supports a new recycling program—that will allow our contractors to recycle old shingles for re-use in roadways!